In Brief – What is Twitter Art Exhibit?
#TwitterArtExhibit founder, David Sandum
“Through art we can change the world.”
#TwitterArtExhibit utilizes social media and public engagement to generate income for charities and nonprofit organizations. In the past, #TwitterArtExhibit has generated funds for a library suffering from deep funding cuts to purchase much-needed children’s books, for an abused women’s shelter seeking to improve the lives of the families they serve, and for an arts organization mentoring underprivileged young adults in preparation for careers in the visual arts.
- Artists worldwide donate postcard-sized, handmade original artwork to the #TAE17.
- TwitterArtExhibit organizes a local, physical showcasing of the art.
- The public is invited to buy the art at an affordable, flat price.
- 100% of proceeds go to the charity.
- This provides artists with new exhibition opportunities, new audiences and benefactors, and appeals to art enthusiasts all over the world.
- It’s fun!
Want to help? Here’s how:
You can help support a good cause by:
- Following @twitrartexhibit on Twitter, promoting the idea and engaging with us.
- Following the #TAE17 hashtag.
- Retweeting our posts and sharing with your followers.
- Following this site to learn of upcoming Twitter Art Exhibits.
- Liking our Facebook page and engaging with our community
- If you are an artist, crafting and donating an original piece of art.
- Volunteering to help the local committee.
- Attending an exhibit near you.
- Buying the artwork.
Let’s get going with TAE17!